Privacy and Cookies Policy
1. User Privacy and Data Protection
At Mere Commercial we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors and users of our services.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
2. Relevant Legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well.
3. Information that we Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
5. Storing your Personal Data
When you make an enquiry for our services or property or business we are marketing or become a user of our services we may collect the following information from you such as:
Names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, telephone conversations, emails, letters.
6. Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
- To provide information to you relating to other services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- For our day to day customer services and management, for invoicing and accounts administration
- For sending our email newsletter informing you of news and property available or other correspondence by post or email.
If you have previously purchased services from us we may provide to you details of similar services, or other services, that you may be interested in.
We never sell, rent or otherwise distribute your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
7. Email Newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter through our website, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list.
You can unsubscribe from our email newsletter by using the unsubscribe links contained in the email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you may receive periodic newsletter-style emails from us.
8. Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
9. Third Party Links
10. Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
11. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
13. Data Controller
The data controller of the website is Mere Commercial, Flusco House, Flusco, Penrith CA11 0AZ.
14. Contacting Us
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via email at [email protected].
Website server security
ISO 27001: Information Security Management System
ISO 14001: Environment Management System
ISO 9001: Quality Management System
PCI Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
BSI PAS 2060: Carbon Neutral
NIC EIC Approved Contractor
Protection of Hardware & Data
ISO 27001:2013 (Info Security Mgmt.), ISO 9001:2008 (Quality) and PCI DSS
Staffed 24/7/365 (by SIA-accredited staff)
CCTV - internal and external
2.8m secure fencing and razor wire perimeter fence
Site-specific, dedicated firewall technology
24hr NSOI-accredited security patrol
Third Party Processors
Google Business (Email and Cloud Services) - Privacy and Data Protection Statement
Mailchimp (Email Newsletters) - Privacy and Data Protection Statement
Dotcomm Associates (Website Development Services) Privacy and Data Protection Statement